Emma's jewellery adventure began during a round the world trip in 2003. She ran out of funds in Queenstown New Zealand, so she sat on the street and decided to see what she could come up with.
Using nothing more than a few beads, wire, scissors and tweezers she started making cocktail rings. They sold like hot cakes and she managed to fund the rest of her trip.
Her positive ethos and outlook on life is encapsulated in each of her designs. Using recycled and ethically sourced gold and gemstones wherever possible and offering a bespoke recycling service, redesigning sentimental items to give them a new lease of life.
After travelling Emma studied a degree in 3D Design with digital modelling at UCLAN, she became a mummy 9 weeks before the start of her final year, so she juggled her precious little bundle along with her final year where she made a collection of jewellery and furniture including the fabulous pink chaise longue 'Chaise by Me'. Which she exhibited at New Designers in 2007.
She then took part in the Fresh Creative Placement Scheme with Rachel Hearne Contemporary Jewellery in Lancashire learning how to run a small business and expanding her bench working skills. She worked for 2 1/2 years for a fine jeweller in Manchester City Centre where she trained as a CAD designer.
Since then she has continued the passion for learning, by going on numerous short courses:
- Stone Setting at the Whitney Jewellery School in Lincolnshire
- The Fine Jewellery Masterclass with Richard Witek
- The Polishing Masterclass with polishing guru Stephen M Goldsmith FIPG KCHS at the School of Jewellery at Birmingham City University.
- Studied the Adobe Illustrator short course at Newcastle College and learnt how to use a laser cutter at Maker Space in Newcastle to create the Enchantment Collection.
- She worked at K & E jewellery workshop for 6 months developing her Goldsmithing skills
- A 1 year online CAD academy to expand her Computer aided design skills.
Emma and her sister Kitty also co design and make the Dreams to Reality jewellery collection with Tanya Bardsley from the reality TV show, ITVBe's Real Housewives of Cheshire. Each piece comes with Tanya's life coaching instructions, guiding you to write down your dream and the steps you can take to help make it become a reality. You then wear the jewellery as a constant reminder to keep working towards your goal.
They also design and make jewellery for The Guitarwrist, making jewellery out of guitar strings that have been played by famous artists, sold to raise money for charity!
Emma has recently moved her business to Newcastle where she shares a studio with her wonderful mum and sister. She continues to impart passion into every aspect life, raising her two wonderful young boys, running her expanding business and maintaining her positive perspective.